Re: MIPS SF toolchain

To: Matej Kupljen <>
Subject: Re: MIPS SF toolchain
From: Dan Kegel <>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 06:48:19 -0700
Cc: David Daney <>,,
Matej Kupljen wrote:
I think I found the problem.

This code is written in sysdeps/mips/setjmp_aux.c in inline assembly. ...

This code is written in sysdeps/mips/__longjmp.c in inline assembly.

Because I am using sf, there is no need to store those
registers, or is it?
Can I just #ifdef this code if compiled for sf?

Other architectures do things like this, e.g.

sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/__longjmp-common.S:#ifdef __NO_VMX__

so I don't see why not.

In fact, I had to do something similar once to make life
possible for ppc405.  See

(Hmm, wonder if something like that ever made it in to
mainline glibc.)

- Dan

Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See