Re: Selection of 2.4.31 from CVS?

To: Krishna B S <bskris@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Selection of 2.4.31 from CVS?
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:43:01 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I always use the 'linux_2_4' tag. It is the HEAD of the 2.4.x kernels. Since 2.4.x has been in deep maintenance mode for quite some time now, it is likely that the head of the branch is the best available.

David Daney.

Krishna B S wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking for building a toolchain based on Linux-MIPS kernel for a
MIPS 4Kc board. When I look at CVS Weekly Snapshots
(http://www.longlandclan.hopto.org/~stuartl/mips-linux/sources/), I
find many versions of 2.4.31 for use.

Which one should I consider for my usage? Is there any thumb rule for
selecting a stable version of 2.4.31 from the CVS? Which CVS tag
should I use for 2.4.31?

Please help.

Regards,
Krishna