Re: 24K malta

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: 24K malta
From: Greg Weeks <greg.weeks@timesys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:25:34 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle wrote:

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 09:40:36AM -0400, Greg Weeks wrote:

I'm seeing something strange on a 24K malta and I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into something like it.

This is a 2.6.12 based kernel. I've not had a chance to try the current CVS yet. The last time I checked the current CVS didn't boot as is on a 4Kc malta so I've not been keeping current with CVS.

When I try a simple

strace ls

I either hang or seg fault on a 24Kc or 24Kec processor, but a 4Kc or 4Kec works. If I turn off the cache on the 24K it works as well. Without cache it's unbearably slow of course. This is the same exact build of the kernel and root file system for all boards.

I cannot reproduce this problem on 24KEc Malta, sorry.
What patch are you using to get current CVS to boot on a malta? I've been disabling prefetch in memcpy, but if you're doing something else I want to try that. About 1 out of 3 "strace ls" either hangs or seg faults on me still.

Greg Weeks