Re: 24K malta

To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
Subject: Re: 24K malta
From: Greg Weeks <greg.weeks@timesys.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:00:02 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Greg Weeks wrote:

I'm seeing something strange on a 24K malta and I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into something like it.

This is a 2.6.12 based kernel. I've not had a chance to try the current CVS yet. The last time I checked the current CVS didn't boot as is on a 4Kc malta so I've not been keeping current with CVS.

When I try a simple

strace ls

I either hang or seg fault on a 24Kc or 24Kec processor, but a 4Kc or 4Kec works. If I turn off the cache on the 24K it works as well. Without cache it's unbearably slow of course. This is the same exact build of the kernel and root file system for all boards.

The memcpy prefetch bug is still there for malta, so I had to build another kernel. This is with a CVS sync from this morning.

The first strace ls works now, but the second time I do it it hangs. Kill -9 frees it up and the board isn't hanging.

Greg Weeks