24K malta

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: 24K malta
From: Greg Weeks <greg.weeks@timesys.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:40:36 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I'm seeing something strange on a 24K malta and I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into something like it.

This is a 2.6.12 based kernel. I've not had a chance to try the current CVS yet. The last time I checked the current CVS didn't boot as is on a 4Kc malta so I've not been keeping current with CVS.

When I try a simple

strace ls

I either hang or seg fault on a 24Kc or 24Kec processor, but a 4Kc or 4Kec works. If I turn off the cache on the 24K it works as well. Without cache it's unbearably slow of course. This is the same exact build of the kernel and root file system for all boards.

Greg Weeks