Re: netconsole support on Cobalt systems... Anyone tried it?

To: Stuart Longland <>
Subject: Re: netconsole support on Cobalt systems... Anyone tried it?
From: Wolfgang Denk <>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 19:13:22 +0200
In message <> you wrote:
> I've been tinkering with my Qube2 tonight, seeing if I can get
> netconsole running.  I'd like to get this running for two reasons:
> I've looked around on the web, but haven't found a great deal of
> material that explains how one uses it.  The best resource thus far has

See "doc/README.NetConsole" in the U-Boot source tree  (ok,  this  is
more  about  U-Boot's implementation but it also contains a few hints
about the Linux part).

> Has anyone here, tried using netconsole on Cobalt hardware?  Has anybody
> played with netconsole on _any_ hardware?

We use netconsole  for  Linux  in  several  projects  (all  PowerPC),
usually in combination with netconsole in U-Boot.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email:
The rule on staying alive as a program manager is to give 'em a  num-
ber or give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.