Re: Linux on the Sharp Mobilion PRO PV5000A?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Linux on the Sharp Mobilion PRO PV5000A?
From: Stuart Longland <redhatter@gentoo.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:43:13 +1000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Yoichi Yuasa <yuasa@hh.iij4u.or.jp> [2005-08-06 22:59]:
>
>>This is old information about TX3922.
>>
>>http://www.sikigami.com/~fuku/linux-telios/index-en.html
>>
>>I don't know that Telios and PV5000A are the same.
>

> I'm fairly sure they aren't.  If I remember correctly, the companion
> chip PLUM2 was only used in the Telios.

Well... I actually pulled mine apart tonight.
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Sharp_Mobilion_Pro_PV5000A#A_look_inside

My primary objective was to fix a wobbly power socket... but I also took
the time to take snaps of the board & its chips.  In putting the unit
back together again though, it seems I now have some spare screws...
oddly enough, WinCE seems to boot & run ever so slightly faster.

You could say I've made it more efficient by removing parts -- but I
don't think screws count :-)

I'll have to google some of the ICs... I actually thought this would be
using the Philips Poseidon SoC, but no, there's not a single chip with
"Philips" written on it anywhere.  It's mostly Toshiba circuitry -- one
will be responsible for I/O, I know that much. :-)

--
 ____                   _             Stuart Longland (a.k.a Redhatter)
/  _ \   ___    ___  __| |__  __   __ Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs