Linux on the Sharp Mobilion PRO PV5000A?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Linux on the Sharp Mobilion PRO PV5000A?
From: Stuart Longland <redhatter@gentoo.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:07:27 +1000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi All,

I've recently acquired a new toy, a Sharp PDA.  From what I've read on
the NetBSD/hpcmips website, and other places, it's based around a
Toshiba TX3922 129MHz CPU and has 32MB RAM.

I've done some research, and it looks like this machine may, be a cousin
of the Philips Velo.  I'm yet to pull mine apart (which I'll have to do
at some point, to fix a dickey power socket), so I can't be sure what
hardware mine has.

Anyway, what I was going to ask, is has anyone tried Linux or NetBSD on
this system?  If someone's already started work on porting, then I'd
like to assist where I can, no point in two of us duplicating efforts :-).

I've put some stuff up on the wiki[1], about what I know on the device.
 I'll possibly look into getting some sort of WinCE/MIPS dev environment
set up, so that I can compile apps to explore the hardware on the
device, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has attempted a port to
such a device.

Regards,
--
 ____                   _             Stuart Longland (a.k.a Redhatter)
/  _ \   ___    ___  __| |__  __   __ Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs

Footnotes:
1. http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Sharp_Mobilion_Pro_PV5000A