Re: Au1000 PCMCIA I/O space?

To: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <ilya@total-knowledge.com>
Subject: Re: Au1000 PCMCIA I/O space?
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@embeddedalley.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:31:29 -0700
Cc: "'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 23:16 -0700, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
> Is there any particular reason why Au1000 PCMCIA IO space is not
> included in 36-bit address fixup?
> Attached patch fixes it for me, but I'm wondering if there is valid
> reason not to do that.

Because it's ioremapped by the au1x pcmcia driver and the driver passes
the virt address to the pcmcia stack. If this isn't working for you,
something else is broken.  You only need the fixup when you can't call
ioremap with the entire 36 bit phys address. For example, the attribute and
common memory space are ioremapped by the "pcmcia stack" in the kernel,
not the low level socket driver over which we have control. Thus, to
work around the fact that you can't easily change the entire pcmcia
stack, you do the fixup thing.

Unless the pcmcia stack changed, the driver should work as is.

Pete