Re: CVS Update@linux-mips.org: linux

To: Niels Sterrenburg <pulsar@kpsws.com>
Subject: Re: CVS Update@linux-mips.org: linux
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:24:27 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 05:33:06PM +0200, Niels Sterrenburg wrote:

> Do you detect and fix these trailing whitespaces with a script ?
> If so can you tell me where I can find it (or send it)?

Well, here's my nuke-trailing-whitespace skript.  Pretty small - 80% of it
is the legalese and a brief comment.  In case you're using quilt you
can do something like

  nuke-trailing-whitespace `quilt files`
  quilt refresh --diffstat

to clean a particular patch

  Ralf

#! /bin/bash
#
# Copyright (C) 2002 by Ralf Baechle (ralf@linux-mips.org)
#
#  This program is free software; you can redistribute  it and/or modify it
#  under  the terms of  the GNU General  Public License as published by the
#  Free Software Foundation;  either version 2 of the  License, or (at your
#  option) any later version.
#
#  THIS  SOFTWARE  IS PROVIDED   ``AS  IS'' AND   ANY  EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
#  WARRANTIES,   INCLUDING, BUT NOT  LIMITED  TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
#  MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN
#  NO  EVENT  SHALL   THE AUTHOR  BE    LIABLE FOR ANY   DIRECT, INDIRECT,
#  INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
#  NOT LIMITED   TO, PROCUREMENT OF  SUBSTITUTE GOODS  OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
#  USE, DATA,  OR PROFITS; OR  BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON
#  ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN  CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
#  (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
#  THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
#
#  You should have received a copy of the  GNU General Public License along
#  with this program; if not, write  to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
#  675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
#
# nuke-trailing-whitespace - Nuke trailing whitespace in sourcecode
#
# Usage: nuke-trailing-whitespace [file]...
#

find $*  -name CVS -prune -o -type f -print | \
        fgrep -v defconfig |
        xargs --no-run-if-empty -- perl -pi -e 's/[ \t]+$//'