Re: Register definition file for the Broadcom 91250

To: Joanne Woo <jwoo@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: Register definition file for the Broadcom 91250
From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:23:58 -0500
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Joanne Woo wrote:

I'm looking for a register definition file for the Broadcom 91250 for debugging the kernel using the Abatron BDI2000. If you know where I can find it, please let me know. Thanks.

There is a site devoted to the BCM1250 chips with regard to Linux and
NetBSD. It is:

   http://sibyte.broadcom.com/

The User's manual is what you probably want:

   http://sibyte.broadcom.com/public/resources/index.html#um

As far as the BDI2000, I believe you are out of luck. The only hardware
debugger I know of that works with the SiByte boards is from Coreolis
[sp?]. I heard rumors of other people who reverse-engineered the
protocol for more open debugging, but I do not know more than that.
Maybe others on the list will comment.

-Steve