Re: Going over 512M of memory

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Going over 512M of memory
From: Alex Gonzalez <linux-mips@packetvision.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:32:19 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
It's a RM9020.

Quoting Ibrahim's,

"With a slightly extended patch it actually works. But afterwards
I get a lot of Illegal instructions and Segmentation faults, where
there shouldn't be any. Below is the patch I used."

And after you post an improved patch, he says,

"I presume CKSEG is CKSEG0 in the above patch. With that it works
about the same as before. So do you have any clue what the problem
behind all that really is? Furthermore I still have all those
"Illegal instruction" and "Segmentation fault" messages that
shouldn't be there."

The illegal instructions and segmentation faults turned to be the
cpu_has_64bit_gp_regs setting. So I presume it worked for him.

In our case, it seems to work completely OK. I am running a complete memory
test over the whole 1G to be completely sure (with memtester), and I'll report
the result back.

Thanks,
Alex

--