Re: module loading on 64-bit kernel

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: module loading on 64-bit kernel
From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@gentoo.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:30:30 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

This seems to be a bug which crept in for (at least) 64bit Indy kernels
in IIRC 2.6.12-rc3.

I'm fairly certain it happened with the initial 2.6.11-rc1 import. I'd have to go back and double check to be 100% on that.

It happens with every module. If I'd need other tools these messages are
confusing. I didn't try "vmalloc=..." as I think module loading wouldn't
be "disabled" in such a way by default...

It happens also for any significant memory pressure.

...including significant use of dd, mounting of ricerfs partitions, mounting of swap, etc.

-Steve