Re: remote debugging: "Reply contains invalid hex digit 59"

To: 'Linux/MIPS Development' <>
Subject: Re: remote debugging: "Reply contains invalid hex digit 59"
From: Alex Gonzalez <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:36:07 +0100
I have seen something similar in our platform when the gdb on the host
computer was not compiled correctly.

For example it may be cross-compiled for mips n32 while the gdbserver is
compiled for o32, or similar incompatibilities.

I would double check that the toolchains used to compile the host gdb
and target gdbserver match.