RE: mips64 crosstool

To: <unlisted-recipients:>, <no To-header on input>, "IMB Recipient 1" <>
Subject: RE: mips64 crosstool
From: "Bryan Althouse" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:00:26 +0200
Cc: "'Linux/MIPS Development'" <>
Many thanks to everyone who has helped me on this issue.

I ended up abandoning the crosstool approach.  It supports mips32 well, but
not mips64.  Linux from scratch has a very good step by step procedure for
building a tool chain for mips64.  I was able to build with very little
headaches.  Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to execute any programs
compiled with the tool chain.  I'm not sure where I went wrong.

PMC sierra is working on an update for their tool chain.  They have supplied
me with a "beta" version tool chain that has solved my problems.  Now, I am
able to compile with -mabi=64 and -lpthread.  The executable no longer
Segfaults.  Since I'm past this problem, I will probably not spend much more
time trying to build a working tool chain.