Re: New VINO video drivers for Indy

Subject: Re: New VINO video drivers for Indy
From: Markus Dahms <>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:27:46 +0200
Hello again,

>> I only get a bla[nc]k image ...
> That's strange. There might be some problems with IndyCam initialization
> (register values),
> but usually you should be able to get at least a very dark picture.
> Removing and reinstalling the module (indycam.ko) reinitializes the
> camera so you can try that. IndyCam seems to use some very odd logic
> to decide how bright the picture should be.
> Try bringing some very bright light sources near the camera ?

For some reason it's working now. It's not significantly brighter, I
just checked the camera with kernel 2.4.x before booting 2.6.12.
If I can reproduce the failure I'll write it.
The picture has the same "quality" as with the other driver except
there _are_ fewer horizontal lines (they appear mostly on fast-moving