Re: CVS linux

To: Yoichi Yuasa <>
Subject: Re: CVS linux
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:07:58 +0100
> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:16:21 +0900
> From: Yoichi Yuasa <>
> Cc:,
> Subject: Re: CVS linux
> Hi Pete,
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:48:00 +0100
> wrote:
> >
> > Log message:
> >     Philips PNX8550 support: MIPS32-like core with 2 Trimedias on it.
> I think the following include path is better.

> -#include <asm/mach-pnx8550/uart.h>
> +#include <uart.h>

What to use really depends on what you want.  I originally created the
mach-* directories to have a place platform-specific header files
instead of infinitely long #ifdef mess.  A buch of -I gcc options are
used to create a search path from the most specific to the most generic
files at the end.  If that's the intend, use the <file.h> form.  If
however the intend is to include a specific file then the prefered
form is <patch/mach-foo/file.h> which avoids the danger of accidently
picking up something else and also is slightly easier for the compiler.