ADM5120: MIPS-I or MIPS32? WAS(Re: ADM5120: linux-2.4.31-adm.diff.bz2 do

To: Yoichi Yuasa <yyuasa@gmail.com>
Subject: ADM5120: MIPS-I or MIPS32? WAS(Re: ADM5120: linux-2.4.31-adm.diff.bz2 does not support PCI bus?)
From: IHOLLO <ihollo@tom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:35:15 +0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Thanks Yoichi, that is exactly what you suggested, turn on New PCI bus code(CONFIG_PCI_NEW) then the kernel can be compiled now.

Here is another question: What CPU type should I choose to compile applications for ADM5120? the spec says it is MIPS32, but I can not run MIPS32 applications on my board while MIPS-I executable works just fine.

#file busybox (works fine. compiled as mips-I)
busybox: ELF 32-bit LSB MIPS-I executable, MIPS, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

#file busybox (can not execute this program. compiled as mips32)
busybox: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, MIPS, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

Yoichi Yuasa wrote:

Hi,