Re: reboot gets stuck in a TLB exception on Au1550 based board [resolved

Subject: Re: reboot gets stuck in a TLB exception on Au1550 based board [resolved but not explained]
From: Clem Taylor <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:24:51 -0400
On 7/12/05, Clem Taylor <> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with reboot not working
> on a Au1550? When I issue a reboot, the kernel prints "** Resetting
> Integrated Peripherals", but the system doesn't reboot.

It seems that my problem was related to turning off sys_auxpll, which
is the clock source for the PCI bus. If I just comment out the write
to sys_auxpll in au1000_restart() then the reboot seems to work just
fine. I'm not sure why disabling the PCI clock would cause yamon to
take a TLB fault... I guess I need to hook up the analyzer and see
what happens to the PCI devices when the PCI clock goes away.

                      Thanks for the suggestions,