mips64 crosstool

To: "'Linux/MIPS Development'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: mips64 crosstool
From: "Bryan Althouse" <bryan.althouse@3phoenix.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:15:34 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Is anyone using crosstool to produce a 64 bit mips compiler?

I need to produce a gcc that will accept the -mabi=64 option. I have been
able to generate a 32bit gcc with crosstool, using
TARGET=mips-unknown-linux-gnu.  Must I change this to
TARGET=mips64-unkown-linux-gnu to create a 64bit compiler?  I have tried
this, but crosstool will fail.  It appears as if -mabi=n32 is passed to the
native gcc during the build-glibc-headers step.  This of course causes the
native gcc to give up.

Are there any patches for mips64 tool chain build?

Thanks to all.
Bryan