Re: preempt_schedule_irq missing from mfinfo[]?

Subject: Re: preempt_schedule_irq missing from mfinfo[]?
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:28:42 +0900 (JST)
>> You can find the caller of "schedule()" even with simple
>> thread_saved_pc().  I think it is enough so I do not think it is
>> worth to fix (and maintain) current minfo[].

ralf> The alternative would be to finally bite the bullet and add a
ralf> wchan field to thread_struct and initialize it in all the
ralf> sleeping functions.

ralf> The IA-64 people have something like a DWARF-based frame
ralf> unwinder but that just seems to heavy.

Another alternative would be:

1.  Using KALLSYMS feature in kernel to obtain an address in
__sched/__lock function.  This might solve static function (and
maintainance) issue.

2.  Unwinding stack based on "addiu sp,sp,-NN" instruction in prologue
of the function.  This might solve omit-frame-pointer issue.

Anybody try? :-)

Atsushi Nemoto