Re: Current SGI Octane status

To: Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de>
Subject: Re: Current SGI Octane status
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:27:55 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 11:20:29PM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> Stanislaw Skowronek wrote:
> > > - IOC3 networking works, with 2MB/s maximum for a 30MB http transfer
> >
> > This is strange. Ask Ralf.
>
> Up to 2.5 Mb actually. Still well below wat it should be.

I suspect it may be related to the RRB allocation.  The driver used to be
even slower until I made it use a second RRB by using the BRIDGE virtual
device feature.

Obviously all the funky RRB stuff of the BRIDGE has no public documentation.
However the SN1 / SN2 bits in the kernel tree should be rather close.