Re: Origin 200 Status

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Origin 200 Status
From: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:08:00 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> Of course there's a NIC.  The driver has no special handling for IP27 and
> is capable of reading the NICs on some machines at least.  That would be
> a rather suprising ability if there was no NIC associated with that IOC3 ;-)

There is only a MAC NIC on a machine ths has. Remember that the Octane
does not have the BaseIO NIC at the IOC3; both NICs placed there are
actually hacks because of XBOW MicroLAN bug.

> > This is weird. This means the keyboard will not be operational, and I wish
> > somebody (Ralf) looks into this. The IOC3 on IP27 BaseIO is a dual-slot
> > device (takes two IRQs, the INTA and INTA+2).
> All information that I have says only INTA is being used for IP27.  It
> will probably take a bit of testing.

Yeah, change the interrupt assignments in ioc3.c, plug in a keyboard and
try. If it works, everybody wins :)

Stanislaw