Re: Origin 200 Status

To: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Subject: Re: Origin 200 Status
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:57:18 +0100
Cc: Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 08:13:56AM +0200, Stanislaw Skowronek wrote:

> > [4294678.019000] IOC3 part: [], serial: [] => class IP27 BaseIO
>
> This is not really weird, the IOC3 on the IP27 board has no NICs. We'd
> have to trace the BRIDGE NICs or even HUB NICs to get the serials, so I
> decided that it's an overkill. Although it will be required for reliably
> detecting MENET (which has a serial# NIC on the BRIDGE).

Of course there's a NIC.  The driver has no special handling for IP27 and
is capable of reading the NICs on some machines at least.  That would be
a rather suprising ability if there was no NIC associated with that IOC3 ;-)

(A while ago I recall a few second hand Origins were being sold on eBay
with NICs removed ...)

> > [4294678.020000] ioc3_probe : request_irq fails for IRQ 0x4
>
> This is weird. This means the keyboard will not be operational, and I wish
> somebody (Ralf) looks into this. The IOC3 on IP27 BaseIO is a dual-slot
> device (takes two IRQs, the INTA and INTA+2).

All information that I have says only INTA is being used for IP27.  It
will probably take a bit of testing.

I haven't yet had any complaints about keyboard and mouse being non-
functional on IP27 - even though my Origin has 4 keyboard and 4 mouse
ports ;-)