Re: CVS linux

To: Thiemo Seufer <>
Subject: Re: CVS linux
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:01:11 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> > They are not in the info pages, but that should probably be considered an
> > accidental omission.  Is using something that's documented but doesn't
> > work, to the contrary, any better?
> Probably not. It's just that I've never seen actual use of -mel/-meb yet.

 Good -- it means you haven't been watching over my shoulder. ;-)  I've
used them several times for big-endian builds with my toolchain, which, as
you may be aware, has been exclusively little-endian so far.

 And they are actually used to implement these "-EL" and "-EB" options.
Frankly I find "-mel" and "-meb" more consistent with the others as "-m*"
generally imply target-specific options.