Re: broken ip27 kernel

To: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <ilya@total-knowledge.com>
Subject: Re: broken ip27 kernel
From: David Cummings <real.psyence@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 02:31:44 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I can boot your kernel, Ilya, just fine. I'd really like it to be able
to boot from sda1, so my config takes out nfsroot. I am using the
newest checkout from cvs, but I am having trouble applying your diff.
Either the Makefile and others have changed dramatically, or I am
using an incorrect command to patch. Thanks for any info,
-Dave

On 7/6/05, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh <ilya@total-knowledge.com> wrote:
> http://www.total-knowledge.com/progs/mips/kernels
> contains compiled kernel as of few days ago, as well as diff I used.
> It runs just fin on my Origin2000 and was reported to run on O200 as well.
>
> David Cummings wrote:
>
> >Hello all,
> >   I have recently compiled kernel from cvs-source that will load from
> >arcload, but after "Entering Kernel" the machine hangs and the MSC
> >appears to be in a POD dex mode. I would  like to know if anyone is
> >familiar with this and if it's just a patch I'm missing or something.
> >Thanks
> >-Dave
> >

> --
> Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh
> Total Knowledge. CTO
> http://www.total-knowledge.com

--
The way that can be named is not the Way.