Re: 2.6.12 does not read MAC address

To: Arianna Arona <arianna@dsi.unimi.it>
Subject: Re: 2.6.12 does not read MAC address
From: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <ilya@total-knowledge.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:57:55 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Yes, kerenl doesn't read mac address correctly on O2K. Some timeing
issue in the driver
as far as I can tell. None of my kernels ever could read it on O2K, even
though it works
just fine on O200.

No you are wrong. Forcing MAC address works just fine. At least it does
so here.
You just have to force it to correct value (i.e. the one origin was
using when it
was sending bootp/tftp packets.

Look at the logs at your boot server.

--