GIO is alive

Subject: GIO is alive
From: Markus Dahms <>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:06:11 +0200

I'm playing around with the SGI GIO bus driver stuff removed from the
kernel almost two and a half years ago.
Recently I got a GIO card for my Indy ("SCSI based printer card" -, but
no idea what to do with it (and less than no information about it).
Mostly driven by educational reasons I reimplemented parts of the
bus driver as a kernel module for kernel 2.6.x.
It's propably useless, but if somebody interested in such stuff you
can get it at where you
also can find some more information.
Of course it's incomplete and buggy but it should not crash the
kernel anymore ;-).
It would be nice if somebody could test it.