GIO is alive

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: GIO is alive
From: Markus Dahms <mad@automagically.de>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:06:11 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I'm playing around with the SGI GIO bus driver stuff removed from the
kernel almost two and a half years ago.
Recently I got a GIO card for my Indy ("SCSI based printer card" -
http://www.g-lenerz.de/storage/images/sgistuff/indy/printer.jpg), but
no idea what to do with it (and less than no information about it).
Mostly driven by educational reasons I reimplemented parts of the
bus driver as a kernel module for kernel 2.6.x.
It's propably useless, but if somebody interested in such stuff you
can get it at http://automagically.de/?gio where you
also can find some more information.
Of course it's incomplete and buggy but it should not crash the
kernel anymore ;-).
It would be nice if somebody could test it.

Markus