Re: glibc based toolchain for mips

To: rolf liu <rolfliu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: glibc based toolchain for mips
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 01:00:56 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
In message <2db32b72050630155831582cd7@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I download the package. after installation,  the 4KCle is still
> linking to the mips-linux-, which is big-endian.

Please explain exactly what you did.

We have kernel, all libraries and apps running in  this  environment,
and if I check it looks very much like little endinan, for example:

$ file /opt/eldk/mips_4KCle/bin/bash
/opt/eldk/3.1.1/mips_4KCle/bin/bash: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, MIPS, version 1
(SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

versus

$ file /opt/eldk/mips_4KC/bin/bash
 /opt/eldk/3.1.1/mips_4KC/bin/bash: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, MIPS, version 1
(SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
CONSUMER NOTICE:  Because  of  the  "Uncertainty  Principle,"  It  Is
Impossible  for  the  Consumer  to  Find  Out  at  the Same Time Both
Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.