RE: Seg fault when compiled with -mabi=64 and -lpthread

To: "'Daniel Jacobowitz'" <>, "'Stephen P. Becker'" <>, <>
Subject: RE: Seg fault when compiled with -mabi=64 and -lpthread
From: "Bryan Althouse" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:09:22 -0400
Cc: "'Linux/MIPS Development'" <>
Thanks for everyone's input!

Looks like I should upgrade glibc, and possibly gcc.  When you say that I
should try CVS HEAD of glibc, I'm not sure what you mean.  I have looked in
the CVS and the closest thing I can find is libc, and it
looks really old.  I have also found a glibc CVS at  If I get libc from here is
this the "CVS HEAD"?

Should I get GCC from the generic GCC site, or should get it from the
linux-mips CVS?

I apologize for the simple questions.  I have not built a tool chain before.
I've been using the one supplied by PMC-Sierra.  Will I need to patch any of
these sources for MIPs?