Re: Seg fault when compiled with -mabi=64 and -lpthread

To: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Seg fault when compiled with -mabi=64 and -lpthread
From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@gentoo.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:09:09 -0400
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, Bryan Althouse <bryan.althouse@3phoenix.com>, "'Linux/MIPS Development'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> Bryan seems to be using the original Red Hat gnupro 64-bit toolchain.
> I don't know how well that works nowadays; but current CVS versions do
> work, or did when I last tested (a month or two ago).

Hmm, well with respect to my problem, I'm using a pretty recent
toolchain, with gcc 3.4.4, binutils-2.16.1, glibc-2.3.5, and headers
from a linux-mips 2.6.11 snapshot.  Interestingly, I tried to reproduce
Bryan's segfault, but could not.  That code ran without error when I
linked with libpthread.  Any thoughts?

-Steve