Re: Seg fault when compiled with -mabi=64 and -lpthread

To: Bryan Althouse <>
Subject: Re: Seg fault when compiled with -mabi=64 and -lpthread
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:21:11 +0100
Cc: "'Linux/MIPS Development'" <>
On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 01:33:39PM -0400, Bryan Althouse wrote:

> The executable will seg fault.  If I remove the -lpthread, it is fine.
> Also, if I change the 64 to 32, it is fine.

I fear you may be hitting these problems simple because you're the first
through the mine field of 64-bit pthreads ;-)  So far most people are
simple running 32-bit software on their 64-bit kernels.  No reason to
panic though, most of the bits are in place, it's just the one or other
insect hiding in the code.