Re: I built a mipsel-linux toolchain, but it doesn't work

To: zhan rongkai <zhanrk@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: I built a mipsel-linux toolchain, but it doesn't work
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:08:37 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
zhan rongkai wrote:
Hi folks,

At last night, I built a mipsel-linux cross-toolchain according to the
following steps:

1) The list of GNU Toolchain source packages

* binutils: binutils-2.16.1.tar.gz
*      gcc: gcc-3.4.4.tar.gz
*    Linux: Linux-2.6.12.tar.bz2 (from www.kernel.org)
*   uClibc: uClibc-0.9.27.tar.gz
*      gdb: gdb-6.3.tar.gz

IIRC gcc does not currently work out-of-the-box with uClibc. If you are using uClibc, your best bet is probably to use the Buildroot system that can be found at the uClibc web site.

If you are building mips kernels, it is probably a better bet to get the source from linux-mips.org rather than kernel.org. Because all fixes for mips related things show up in linux-mips.org first.

David Daney