Re: can't find interrupt number under /proc/interrupts for the pci multi

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: can't find interrupt number under /proc/interrupts for the pci multi-port on db1550
From: rolf liu <rolfliu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:20:56 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
After some work, I found out the problem is the multi-port card is
using some of macros defined in au1000.h, which is not supposed to do.
I gave it a dirty hack by defining such macros in the source file.

Now I can see the interrupts coming up. BUT when I typed:
echo "hello world!">/dev/ttyM0
the message is shown on terminal connected to this serial port. But it
then is stuck there. Then the rs_timer gives a lot of timeouts and
enter the interrupt service routine each time there is timeout.
rs_close() is never got called. any suggestion on this part?

What is the function of serial_timer? it is just sitting there,
generating timeout, periodically. Just to make sure the interrupt
routine will be called periodically?

thanks