Re: can't find interrupt number under /proc/interrupts for the pci multi

To: rolf liu <rolfliu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: can't find interrupt number under /proc/interrupts for the pci multi-port on db1550
From: Jon Anders Haugum <jonah@omegav.ntnu.no>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:16:46 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, rolf liu wrote:
I am running 2.4.31 on db1550 with a pci multi-port board. the kernel
starts up ok. but after start-up, I can't find the corresponding
interrupt number for this board, which is irq 2. I can find the device
under /proc/devices and /proc/tty/driver, etc. So I am now sure if it
is working ok. Is there good (simple) method to test this serial port?

My guess is that you can get it working if you disable the built-in serial ports in the kernel.

I've attached a quick'n'dirty patch I made for 2.4.27 that makes it possible to use both internal and pci serial ports. It's a hack, but it works.

--
Jon Anders Haugum