Re: -march=r10000 Support for MIPS Targets (Old 3.4.x Patch; requires po

Subject: Re: -march=r10000 Support for MIPS Targets (Old 3.4.x Patch; requires porting, assistance requested)
From: Steven Bosscher <>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:07:12 +0200
Cc: Kumba <>, Linux MIPS List <>
On Tuesday 28 June 2005 06:59, Kumba wrote:
> If at all possible I'd like to see it make it into gcc at some point in
> time, not necessarily gcc-4.1, as the patch as it currently stands needs
> someone to do the work of porting it to fit into 4.x,

Looks like all the arith->shift attribute changes from the patch you
posted are already in mainline, so all you really need to add r10000
support is a pipeline model.  All the MIPSen were converted from the
old pipeline description (i.e. "define_function_unit") to the new one
(i.e. "define_insn_reservation" and friends) in a big patch posted
last year:
Maybe you can find in the trhead surrounding that message some ideas
on how to convert your r10000 pipeline model.