Re: 2.6 on IP22 (Indy)

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Subject: Re: 2.6 on IP22 (Indy)
From: Markus Dahms <>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:21:07 +0200
Hello again,

>> For the R4000 there are two other things I could try: console on newport
>> instead of serial port and a 32-bit kernel, which I only tried on the
>> R4600.
>  Well, I don't know what newport is, but if it's capable of providing
> output that early, it'll do.

Newport is the most common graphics option for the Indy and there exists
a console driver for it. Luckily it outputs some more stuff than the
serial console:

| CPU revision is: 00000430
| FPU revision is: 00000500
| Checking for the multiply/shift bug... yes, workaround... no.
| kernel panic - not syncing: Reliable operation impossible!
| Configure for R4000 to enable the workaround.

I configured the kernel for R4X00. There are a few references to
CONFIG_CPU_R4000 in the source which doesn't seem to be a config
option anymore, but I couldn't find a workaround somewhere...

>> I'll also try the said patch (you're referring to "blast_scache nop ...",
>> do you?).
> Precisely.

doesn't change anything, neither for R4000PC nor for R4600PC.

Reactor error - core dumped!