Re: 2.6 on IP22 (Indy)

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Subject: Re: 2.6 on IP22 (Indy)
From: Markus Dahms <>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:18:42 +0200
>> My experiments: Indy with R4600PC (133MHz) boots to userspace
>> | INIT: version 2.86 booting
>> and dies then :(. The same machine, but with a R4000PC (100MHz)
>  Hmm, it might be a problem with TLB handlers that have been changed to be
> built at the run time.  Perhaps the R4600 isn't handled right as a result.
> What's the CPU revision ID? -- it's printed right at the beginning.

| CPU revision is: 00002020
| FPU revision is: 00002020
| Synthesized TLB refill handler (30 instructions).
| Synthesized TLB load handler fastpath (43 instructions).
| Synthesized TLB store handler fastpath (43 instructions).
| Synthesized TLB modify handler fastpath (42 instructions).

the TLB stuff, if it's of interest...

| Calibrating system timer... warning: timer counts differ, retrying...\
| disagreement, using average... 44500 [89.0000 MHz CPU]
| Using 44.500 MHz high precision timer.

this is strange, too. It's a 133MHz CPU as kernel 2.4.x correctly

For the R4000 there are two other things I could try: console on newport
instead of serial port and a 32-bit kernel, which I only tried on the
I'll also try the said patch (you're referring to "blast_scache nop ...", do

No RISC - No fun!