xxs1500 reboots

To: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: xxs1500 reboots
From: Kevin Turner <kevin.m.turner@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:09:13 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
This reliably reboots my xxs1500:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null count=10000 bs=1k

while reading just 1000k doesn't.

But only when I have a particular wifi card plugged in and initialized.
(I can have the card in so 'cardctl' sees it and the modules loaded, but
as long as it is not registered by cardmgr it does not react.)

It doesn't have to be /dev/null; I've also triggered this by reading
from nfs, tmpfs, and flash.

The wifi card is a wl1100c with hostap drivers,
the kernel is 2.4 CVS with Pete's 64bit_pcmcia.patch.

Does this ring any bells?  Or can you offer any pointers on how to track
this down further?

Thanks,

 - Kevin

--
The moon is waning gibbous, 81.4% illuminated, 19.0 days old.