Re: glibc based toolchain for mips

To: Prashant Viswanathan <>
Subject: Re: glibc based toolchain for mips
From: Kumba <>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:31:33 -0400
Prashant Viswanathan wrote:

Thanks. But what I am really looking for is to cross-compile on a Linux i386
host. I think the SDE from MIPS can be customized to do this. But I am not
sure on how to proceed. Perhaps somebody can point me in the right

If you have an x86 box running Gentoo, there's the `sys-devel/crossdev` package for generating a wide variety of cross-compilers. If you're running another distribution, you'll want to check out Dan Kegel's `crosstool` package at:

Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond