Re: keep getting "exec: Permission denied" at booting

To: rolf liu <rolfliu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: keep getting "exec: Permission denied" at booting
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:56:01 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
rolf liu wrote:
I am running 2.4.31 on ab1550. When the start-up comes at the network
config, ifup tries to bring up the ethernet interface. Then there
comes tons of "exec: Permission denied" message. the box just stop
there.

I am running through the NFS root filesystem got from redhat, possibly
7.1. pretty old. Is there a newer NFS available?

Any suggestion?

Check the options you're using to export the NFS root on the server.
For example, I note that I've got the no_root_squash and anongid=0
options set for the MIPS Linux boot area on my Linux PC - but it's
been a couple of years since I've actually used it, and I don't recall
where that came from.

                Regards,

                Kevin K.