Re: [patch 3/5] SiByte fixes for 2.6.12

To: Andrew Isaacson <adi@broadcom.com>
Subject: Re: [patch 3/5] SiByte fixes for 2.6.12
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:07:48 +0100 (BST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Andrew Isaacson wrote:

> Toolchain compat fix: gas 2.12.1 doesn't understand two-argument jalr,
> and the $ra is redundant anyways.

 Is it really the case?  Perhaps it doesn't know the symbolic name of the
register which has only been added recently.  Replacing it with $31 should
fix the problem, but your patch is obviously correct regardless.

 The code is broken anyway -- I've tried fixing it, but I've hit
shortcomings of macros in <asm/addrspace.h> (I've got working code, but
GCC complains loudly), so it may yet take a while.

  Maciej