Re: [patch 1/5] SiByte fixes for 2.6.12

To: Andrew Isaacson <adi@broadcom.com>
Subject: Re: [patch 1/5] SiByte fixes for 2.6.12
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:01:57 +0100 (BST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Andrew Isaacson wrote:

> SB1 does not use the R4K TLB code.

 Well, the flag is not really to specify whether the common code is to be
used or not.  It's about whether the TLB is like that of the R4k.
Actually it's always been a mystery for me why the common code cannot be
used for the SB1, but perhaps there is something specific that I could
only discover in that "SB-1 Core User Manual" that I yet have to see,
sigh...

 Of course if your TLB is indeed different from that of the R4k, then you
shouldn't be setting cp0.config.mt to 1 in the first place...

  Maciej