Re: .set mips2 breaks 64bit kernel (Re: CVS Update@linux-mips.org: linux

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: .set mips2 breaks 64bit kernel (Re: CVS Update@linux-mips.org: linux)
From: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:55:14 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

Any specifics please? It works for me -- I wouldn't have committed it otherwise. In particular in the affected range there are no operations that would require a 64-bit ISA.

  Maciej

I've tested to see it break IP30, and Thiemo reported IP27 was also not booting (no text display after kernel entry). Reversing this patch seems to allow both systems to boot. Is it possible it breaks ELF64-only builds? I haven't tested it on IP28 yet, so I can't confirm this (it's also ELF64).

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond