Re: Using a hal lib in Linux.

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Using a hal lib in Linux.
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:07:29 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 2005-06-21 11:14:28 +0200, moreau francis <francis_moreau2000@yahoo.fr>
wrote:
> I've got a mips board provided with a library that deals with hardware
> management.
> This library have been compiled with "sde-lite" gcc. I'm thinking of using
> this
> lib into my linux drivers to speed up developement process. Has anyone made
> kernel
> modifications (specially in Makefiles) in order to link such hal lib into
> kernel
> code ?

Well, usually consensus is to avoid HAL layers or libraries at about any
price because they typically add speed penalties and binary-only code,
which are both unacceptable.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O