Re:[Fwd: kernel compilation fails]

To: "tom" <tom@voda.cz>
Subject: Re:[Fwd: kernel compilation fails]
From: "Philippe De Swert" <philippedeswert@scarlet.be>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:54:43 +0100
Cc: "linux-mips" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Envelope-id: <II68V7$710BD802DB90EFADDBE27A92E7C5B2C2
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello Tom,

> I am desperately trying to compile 2.4.30 mips kernel using uclibc
> buildroot gcc 3.3.4 It fails in the following manner:

<snip> relevant error output </snip>

> Looks like a stupid typo somewhere, but I lack experience to find. BTW,
> the some code is taken from 2.4.18 kernel...
> Can anyone please tell me where to look ?

Basically 2.4.18 code is too old to compile as is with gcc 3.3.4. The
assembler code needs to be inlined with a different syntax. Just look at
similar files to see how it is done.

As a quick hint here is some code to show how it should look like.

        __asm__(".set\tmips3\n\t"
                "wait\n\t"
                ".set\tmips0");

Notice the \n and \t parts. You are probabely missing those.

Otherwise use an older compiler (2.95).

Cheers,

Philippe

| Philippe De Swert
|
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
|
| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)
| http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.