Re: Building o32 glibc on mips64

To: Daniel Jacobowitz <>
Subject: Re: Building o32 glibc on mips64
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:05:59 +0100 (BST)
Cc: Jim Gifford <>, Linux MIPS List <>
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> I have not tried the 2.3.x series glibcs on MIPS64.  I recommend you
> use glibc HEAD for now instead, unless you're interested in tracking
> down this sort of problem.

 FYI, I've been able to build glibc 2.3.5 with GCC 4.0.0 for
mips64el-linux (n64) with minimal patching.  I think what's only really
required is that patch by Richard Sandiford that stays suspended in the
glibc Bugzilla.

 For o32 glibc may have to be configured for "mips{,el}-linux" (as o32
isn't MIPS64 at all), but that's a pure guess -- I haven't checked the
scripts for that requirement.

 Do you think HEAD is stable enough for a non-glibc developer?  It's soon
after a fork after all, so I'd expect more serious changes to be applied