gdb problem

Subject: gdb problem
From: Maxim Osipov <>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:00:22 +0400

Probably a little off-topic here, but do anyone have a recipe to get
remote debugging with gdb + gdbserver working?

I have gdb-6.3 build for mips64-linux-gnu and when I try to connect
the following error appears:

/home/maxim # ./gdbserver /bin/busybox
Process /bin/busybox created; pid = 34
Listening on port 5339
Remote debugging from host
readchar: Got EOF
Remote side has terminated connection.  GDBserver will reopen the connection.
Listening on port 5339

(gdb) target remote
Remote debugging using
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Reply contains invalid hex digit 59

Googling for similar problem shows, what some people also faced it,
but no solution.

Thank you,