Re: Porting To New System

To: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>
Subject: Re: Porting To New System
From: Cameron Cooper <developer@phatlinux.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 11:48:01 -0400
Cc: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> PS. Besides, does taking one apart actually impart any knowledge? I looked
> at the photos, if that helps ;)

A number of people have taken PSPs apart. The only useful thing that has
come from it was a dump of the firmware. Now that we have that it
doesn't seem that there is much else to do since we don't know anything
about the chips and there are not too many visible traces. However, if
you have a new idea of something that could be done to the hardware,
then maybe there would be a reason to sacrifice another.

Cameron