Re: Unmatched R_MIPS_HI16/R_MIPS_LO16 on gcc 3.5

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Unmatched R_MIPS_HI16/R_MIPS_LO16 on gcc 3.5
From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo@redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:50:17 +0100
Cc: Stanislaw Skowronek <sskowron@ET.PUT.Poznan.PL>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
"Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org> writes:
>  Trying to support GNU extensions in ECOFF is probably hopeless and not
> worth the hassle and the file format is likely to be obsoleted by the
> toolchain soon (if not already done), except from BFD -- which'll let you
> continue doing `objcopy', `objdump', etc.

Yeah.  It's probably also worth noting that we might (soon?) remove the
-mno-explicit-relocs/-mno-split-addresses mode from gcc.  Having both
modes does add to the maintenance burden and the gas support for PIC
relocation operators has been around for a while now.  (It dates back
to binutils 2.14 IIRC.)

Richard